Do you want:
Pain-free joints and muscles?
Are you looking for a gentler approach to exercise that is still a good workout?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then
JOIN ME FOR ESSENTRICS ABC: AGING BACKWARDS With CHRISTINE
These classes will:
- Make daily movements and tasks easier
- Reduce inflammation
- Loosen tight muscles and stiff joints
- Increase flexibility
- Strengthen muscles
- Increase range of motion for all joints
- Improve posture
- Improve balance
- Increase energy
Seniors Outreach Services, (SOS) Napanee.
Mondays, 11-11:45 a.m.
Wednesdays, 11-11:45 a.m.
To register, contact the Activity Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-354-6668 x110
Fridays, 11-11:45 a.m.
Registration information here:
*************************More reasons to love ESSENTRICS AGING BACKWARDS®
Essentrics® draws on the flowing movements of Tai Chi, the strengthening theories of ballet and the healing principles of physiotherapy.
This program can easily be done by anyone regardless of age or fitness level. Scroll down to see a short video of one of the Essentrics® Trademark exercises.
My Background with Essentrics®
I started doing Essentrics® while watching the popular PBS (Public Broadcasting System) show Classical Stretch taught by fitness instructor and former dancer with the National Ballet of Canada Miranda Esmonde-White. who created The Esmonde Technique® program. After taking a few classes with Essentrics® Master Trainers, I decided to study the program in depth. I want to keep doing Essentrics® myself and I want to teach others to help them get all of the benefits I’ve been experiencing.
I was the first person to receive certification in the Aging Backwards® Certification Track.
Essentrics Aging Backwards® has been life-changing for me and many of my clients.
After checking out the video below, please read the testimonials from some of my clients on how Essentrics® has helped them. To learn about how Essentrics® has changed my life read “My Eccentric Journey” on my Personal Writing page.
I know I am healthier and stronger. If people compliment me and ask what I’m doing to look and feel better I tell them, “Essentrics® Aging Backwards.”
As my friend and fellow Essentrics® instructor, Sheri Burge, said in one of her classes “Essentrics® makes everything better.”
Keep moving. Keep smiling.
Age Backwards with me.
- I enjoy the class because I like the flow of the movements and find it somewhat calming. After the first class I could feel certain muscles had a bit of a workout. I find it a good fit between yoga and tai chi.
- I am always interested in trying new types of exercise. I really like this program because I feel more flexible. I can actually move my left shoulder f around fully now and it is all because of Essentrics. The exercises are great for getting a full stretching workout. They are simple to do but extremely beneficial to my overall flexibility. Christine is a great instructor and I love her choice of music that goes with each portion of the program. The one hour duration of the class is also perfect. I always feel good when I leave.
- I began Christine’s Essentrics: Aging Backward Class because I liked the title! I had recently been diagnosed with arthritis in one hip and was experiencing continual pain. Surprisingly, after just one class I was feeling a bit better and the improvement continues week after week. I am thrilled! Christine has such a calm, warm manner when leading the class that you also experience calmness and feel successful at each one. I would highly recommend that you try joining a class.
- It feels like you are waking up the muscles. The pace is just right and I feel that you manage to incorporate all the muscle groups.
- Our introduction to Essentrics ABC: Aging Backwards with Christine has been a learning experience, rewarding and enjoyable. The small size of the group allows us to easily see our instructor, Christine, as she presents, explains and leads us through the numerous exercises. Movements are visually and verbally presented. The movements may at first look rather elementary but they move/stretch/activate every muscle in the body from head to toe. The program is presented at a very reasonable pace and each individual can work the exercises to his/her abilities/limitations. This is especially appreciated for Val with her arthritis and knee issues (candidate for knee replacement) and John with shoulder and lower back issues. It is amazing how it strengthens your balance and who ever thinks of exercising their ankles and toe muscles? No specialized equipment is required. It is a program that can be offered in an indoor or outdoor environment and it has been very much appreciated that we can both partake in the program as a couple. We highly recommend this program as it sure works for us!
Valerie and John B.
- I started the class when I heard about it from a few friends. It has been a great asset to me in keeping in shape and keeping stretched out. (I am very stiff in the mornings when I wake up.) It is really good for helping with balance. I also like the social aspect: meeting new friends. I would definitely recommend the class to anyone. Christine is a great teacher.